Dr. Shalini Kapoor Kad
March 31, 2011
A homoeopathic paediatrician, a counselling expert and a freelance writer are a few words to describe my profession. My sole aim is to put forth practical piece of information that guides every one right in the direction, blending the medicos to a layman with a simple gesture to make the medical things a little less convoluted and comprehendible.
Wrinkles have always been the enemy of beauty. No one likes to become old and wrinkles highlight this aging process more vividly. The first of the wrinkles start coming on the face and there starts the worry as to how it can be controlled. Today, with the advent of technology, many new treatments like Botox, chemical peeling and cosmetic therapy are the latest advanced treatments for wrinkles which are not only costly but also can have side effects after some time. Many treatments last only for few months and you have to undergo the same process again and again. Anti aging supplements are also available in huge number at the drugstore which can help you control wrinkles or reverse the process of aging. But you can try some natural and homemade steps and methods to cover and control your wrinkles which are not only cheap but also devoid of any side effects.
Check out some here:
- You can make your own face cream at home by following the given method. Mix egg white in vitamin E oil and add few lemon drops. The egg white is known to stretch the wrinkles on your face. When this face pack is applied you will feel as if your face is cracking. After the face pack has dried completely (15 to 20) min, you can wipe out the pack with warm water. Use this pack on the neck area as it is also more prone to having wrinkles.
- Use of virgin coconut oil after shower on your skin is a good procedure to control wrinkles. It has immense properties which promote and protects the health of the skin and give it a nice wrinkle free glow.
- They say; you are what you eat! And true, if you are used to eating healthy, fresh, and natural and fiber rich food, your skin will have a natural glow of health and you will not need any artificial treatments for your skin. Vitamin E oil is also known as skin oil as it is extremely useful in boosting health of skin. It is available in the market in capsule and liquid form. Daily prescribed dose of Vitamin E can make your skin look beautiful, young and glowing always.
- Fruits too are very good for skin-both for external applications as well as for intake. They are rich in antioxidants and their juices or peels when applied on skin clears your skin from aging spots and dark spots which further cause wrinkles.
- Resveratrol is derived from skin of grapes. It is known for its anti aging qualities and slows down the process of aging. It is also known to repair as well as protect DNA. Resveratrol is available in pill and cream form
- Green tea is known to reduce wrinkles and check the aging process. It has strong antioxidants and protects DNA. 5 cups of green tea daily can help you gain a good unblemished and wrinkle free skin in weeks.
- Drink water daily. Drink up to 8-10 glasses of cold water daily. Water helps flush out toxins in your body. Your skin requires water, and it helps circulate the elements in your body. Your skin makes up 90% of water, so it's crucial to stay hydrated.